Health Benefits of Maple Syrup:
1. Maple syrup is a great source of manganese, a mineral that provides essential energy and antioxidants to the body and also boosts the immune system while reducing inflammation.
2. Maple syrup has fewer calories than other natural sweeteners such as honey, agave, and sugar.
3. Maple syrup adds and enhances the flavor of food whereas unnatural sweeteners such as Splenda and Equal change the taste of what we consume; most sugar substitutes have a chemically enhanced ‘fake’ taste.
4. Maple syrup lacks the harmful side effects of unnatural sweeteners. Splenda contains sucralose, which is a chemically altered form of sugar with chlorine added to its formula. Equal contains aspartame, which has been said to cause cancer, birth defects, and other abnormalities. Although these sweeteners boast zero calories, studies have shown that they do more harm for your body than good.
5. Unlike sweeteners, pure maple syrup is not processed and is free of chemically modified and artificial ingredients. High quality maple syrup is 100% natural (when labeled as such), meaning that it contains no coloring agents, artificial flavors, or additives (it’s made from tree sap, which is boiled and drained).
6. Maple syrup includes over 30% of the daily value needed of riboflavin for a healthy metabolism.
7. Maple syrup contains 18% of the recommended dose of zinc, which is an important mineral for a healthy immune system. Higher levels of zinc in men are known to decrease the occurrence of prostate cancer and the size of the prostate gland.
With maple syrup you can satisfy your sweet tooth and improve your health at the same time!
Courtesy of: http://www.juliewilcoxmethod.com/maple-syrup-a-natural-sweetener-with-health-benefits/