DUE TO COVID-19 TONEWOOD IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2" cubes
- 20 Brussels sprouts (or more if you wish!), trimmed and cut in half - or quarters if they're large...I'd recommend small ones, though.
- 2 cups butternut squash, get the already peeled, seeded and cubed butternut in the plastic containers...SO much easier!
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 bulb garlic, skins removed, smashed gently (about 15 cloves all together)
- 4 slices THICK sliced PEPPERED bacon, cut across into 1/2" pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to your taste
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, Grade B real maple syrup!
- 1/2 teaspoons chipotle powder - use less of you'd like less heat, more if you'd like more heat
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- zest of 1 orange save the rest of the orange for a salad or for juice for something else (cocktail perhaps?)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix the glaze ingredients together - maple syrup, chipotle powder, granulated garlic and orange zest. Set aside.
Spray a large, shallow baking dish (a lasagna pan or large oval dish abut the same size is perfect!) with olive oil. Toss the chicken and all the veggies together and spread out in the baking dish. Add a good sprinkling of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Scatter the bacon pieces over top and drizzle with the glaze.
Roast uncovered for about an hour or until the bacon is done and the top is nicely browned and the veggies are tender, but not overcooked. Soup's on!
Courtesy of: http://dinnerplan-it.blogspot.com/2014/01/chipotle-maple-bacon-roasted-chicen.html