I would glaze these muffins with Tonewood maple cream and then sprinkle Tonewood maple flakes for added dazzle.
Ingredients( makes 12 large muffins):
- 3 cups of stoneground wholemeal flour
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of mashed sweet potato (not salted - just plain)
- 1 cup of maple syrup (pricey but tastes fantastic and is unrefined)
- 1 cup of rice bran oil
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
These would also taste great with cinnamon but I didn’t have any…I would add a couple of teaspoons
- Preheat oven to 175c
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Make a well
in the center and add the sweet potato, maple syrup, vanilla, apple
cider vinegar, oil and water.
- Whisk well until it is all combined into a smooth batter.
- Poor into a prepared muffin tray and bake for half and hour to 45 minutes, until they have risen, are golden and spongey
This entry was posted in Baking, Sweet Potato, Vegan Fun Food and tagged Vegan Sweet Potato and Maple Syrup Muffins by Natty Sneakybacon. Bookmark the permalink.