DUE TO COVID-19 TONEWOOD IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup high quality maple syrup (I used Dragonfly Sugarworks which we get from a place in Vermont- they also ship!)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- In a bowl, whisk together the syrup, lemon juice, chili powder, red pepper flakes, and mustard.
- Season chicken with salt/pepper.
- Place chicken in bowl of syrup mixture (if you have time let marinate for 30 min, if not this can be done without marinating).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9×9 baking dish and place chicken in a single layer and pour any remaining liquid onto the chicken.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until chicken is done.
This can all be done without the chili powder and red pepper flakes,
although even with them it wasn’t particularly spicy. But you can
replace with other herbs/seasonings such as dried parsley or rosemary
would work really well.
Courtesy of: http://wickedgoodtravel.com/2012/08/maple-syrup-baked-chicken/