DUE TO COVID-19 TONEWOOD IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED
Recipe adapted from Yummly.
Yields about 16 bars
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/8 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups rice cereal (or corn flakes)
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with foil. You want enough foil so the edges
hang over the pan. Liberally cover foil with nonstick baking spray. Set
- Mix sugar, maple syrup and peanut butter in a medium-size saucepan.
Put over medium-high heat and cook, stirring frequently, until melted
and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Mix cereal and bacon together in a large mixing bowl. Pour melted
peanut butter and syrup mixture into the cereal mixture and combine.
- Using your hands, push the mixture down into the pan.
- Melt chocolate in another saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Pour melted chocolate over the top of the candy bars, smoothing it with a spatula if necessary.
- Chill mixture for at least two hours or until hard. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Courtesy of: http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/968587/bacon-maple-crunch-bars-recipe