Adapted from Author: Tiffany at My Crowded Kitchen.Com
Serves: Approx. 2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, room temp.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (Grade B)
- 2 large eggs
- 2¼ cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans + more for sprinkling tops of cookies
- white & dark chocolate, melted for drizzling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. confection setting
- In a standing mixer, cream butter, brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly stir in flour mixture to creamed mixture, blend.
- Next stir in chopped pecans.
- Shape cookie dough
into 1 – 1½ inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake
at 350 for 10-12 minutes, no longer than 12 minutes. Remove cookies
from oven and let set on baking sheet for at least two minutes before
transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once cookies are
cooled completely, melt white and dark chocolate, drizzle the tops of
cookies with dark chocolate, sprinkle with nuts and drizzle with white
chocolate. Top with more nuts. Let chocolate set before serving or do
what I did, I didn’t wait!
Courtesy of: http://mycrowdedkitchen.com/maple-pecan-cookies/