...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite courtesy of Chloe Coscarelli
1-1/2 pounds brussels sprouts
1/4 cup olive oil
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon (or 10 grinds) black pepper
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 to 1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) Remove any yellow or brown leaves from brussels sprouts. Remove stems and cut them in half.
3) In a large bowl, toss brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt and pepper together. Once all of the brussels sprouts are coated in oil, spread them into a 9- by 13-inch (or larger) baking dish or sheet tray to roast.
4) Roast for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, stir brussels sprouts with a spatula or large spoon to assure even browning. Continue to roast for another 30 minutes. Stir in maple syrup. (Steps 1 through 4 can be done a day in advance; store covered in the refrigerator. Continue with Steps 5 and 6 right before serving.)
5) Continue to roast brussels sprouts for about 15 more minutes, or until they are fork tender.
6) Toss roasted brussels sprouts with hazelnuts and serve. Yield: 6 servings.