DUE TO COVID-19 TONEWOOD IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED
variation on a traditional chopped salad, this sliced version features a
chiffonade of kale, cabbage and carrots tossed in an Asian inspired
For the Dressing:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or unsweetened rice wine vinegar if not grain free)
- 1 Tablespoons real maple syrup (preferably grade B)
- 1 Tablespoon gluten free soy sauce (or coconut aminos for a soy free alternative)
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
For the Salad:
- 1 small bunch lacinato kale (also known as Tuscan kale)
- 1 small head (or half of a larger head) of Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 baby bok choy, thinly sliced
- 4 carrots, shaved into long strips with a peeler
- 2 Tablespoons hemp seeds (or toasted sesame seeds)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Make the Dressing:
a small bowl, whisk 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil, the sesame oil,
apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, soy sauce and minced garlic.
Make the Salad:
- Strip the stems from the kale leaves and roll the leaves in a chiffonade to slice into very thin strips.
a large bowl combine the kale and remaining Tablespoon of olive oil.
Lightly massage the kale leaves with your hands until the leaves soften
and begin to wilt (about 30 to 60 seconds).
in large serving bowl and add the shredded cabbage, bok choy, carrots
and dressing tossing well to coat. Let the salad stand for 10 minutes
- Top with hemp seeds or toasted sesame seeds and season with freshly ground pepper to taste if desired and serve.
Gluten Free, Grain Free, Vegetarian
Courtesy of & Read more: http://gourmandeinthekitchen.com/2012/kale-cabbage-carrot-salad-recipe/#ixzz2CPBDiVaI