Recipe adapted from Better Homes & Gardens
Yields 4 pies
- 1 (8 ounce) pie crust
- 1-1/2 cups pure maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons Captain Morgan spiced rum
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the pie crust into fourths and
roll out to about one-quarter-inch thickness. Carefully line the inside
and bottom of the Mason jar with the pie crust, pressing it to the sides
of the jar with your fingers. Once sides and bottom are covered and you
have a bit of overhang, place jars on a baking sheet. Bake for about
six minutes, or until they start to golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Bring maple syrup to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat and let simmer until reduced by about one-half.
- Meanwhile, beat butter and sugars together until creamy. Add eggs,
rum, cinnamon and vanilla until fully combined. Stir in walnuts and
maple syrup until just mixed.
- Carefully pour the pie mixture into the Mason jar crusts. Bake pies
for another 25 to 30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and filling
is slightly puffy. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Courtesy of: http://nutritionfor.us/2012/11/maple-walnut-mason-jar-pie-captain-morgan/