4-6 tomatoes (red, green, yellow), thinly sliced
1/2 tsp salt
1 package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
4oz chevre, crumbled
4 oz hazelnuts, chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped tarragon and/or basil
1 Tbsp olive oil
Maple syrup to drizzle (can also use maple cream, maple flakes or maple cube)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place thinly sliced tomatoes in a single layer on paper towel; sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt. Let stand 30 minutes. Pat dry with paper towel.
2. Meanwhile, roll 1 pastry sheet into a 14 inch square on a lightly floured surface; place on ungreased baking sheet.
3. Bake pastry at 400 degrees for 14 minutes or until browned.
4. Arrange sliced tomatoes on pastry, overlapping them like roof shingles and leaving 1/2 inch border.
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and herbs and drizzle with olive oil.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 14 minutes. Half-way through cooking top with chevre and hazelnuts.
7. Garnish with a drizzle of maple syrup.