2 -3 yukon gold potatoes, 1 1/2 inch pieces
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 2 inch long pieces
3 beets, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
2 large sweet onions, peeled,quartered
1⁄2 cup olive oil
1⁄3 cup maple flakes, maple granules or maple syrup
3 cloves garlic, peeled,minced
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Place the cut root vegetables in a single layer on one or two large baking sheets.
- Stir together the oil, maple and garlic cloves and drizzle over the vegetables.
- Stir to combine the oil with the veggies and then spread once again in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 1 hour until the vegetables are done and a little caramelized from the syrup.
- Serve immediately.