DUE TO COVID-19 TONEWOOD IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED
- 5 cups old fashioned rolled oats (do not use quick oats)
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dry-roasted, unsalted almonds
- Preheat the oven to 300 ° Line a rimmed, half sheet baking pan with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, wheat germ, oat bran, and salt.
- In a small saucepan, combine the syrup, sugar, oil, and vanilla. Heat just until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the liquid over the dry mixture and stir to coat. Transfer the
mixture to the prepared baking sheet and spread evenly, pressing the
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Break into
clusters and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Allow to cool
completely before packaging in an airtight container.
- Store in an airtight container. Freeze for longer shelf life.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8