How To Recognize
Asian Longhorned Beetle (Anoplophora glabripennis)
The Asian Longhorned Beetle originates from the Far East, mainly China. It is an attractive insect but it is remarkably destructive to many of our native hardwood trees in North America.
Therefore, it is important to recognize it early and then to report it immediately to local, state or federal agencies.
- Adult body length ranges from 0.75” – 1.5”
- Crisp white spots on the back
- Body color is a shiny ‘patent-leather’ black
- Antennae are as long or longer than the body
- Antennal segments alternate between white and black
From any State: Contact the USDA APHIS: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/newsroom/hot_issues/alb/alb_report.shtml
In Massachusetts: Contact either of the following http://www.massnrc.org/pests/albreport.aspx
OR Call: 1-866-702-9938